Easy Ways to Improve Fuel Efficiency this Summer
The summer months tend to see people spending a lot more time in their cars than normal. Summer vacations often call for road trips to places near and far. But before you jump into your car and hit the highway be sure the vehicle is up to the task and is going to get the best fuel efficiency possible. The following tips will keep you on the road longer and out of the gas station.
Auto Maintenance Tips
All cars require routine maintenance to ensure that they are continue to run great. The following ideas are fairly simply and will help improve your MPGs.
- Inflate your tires - Tires that are underinflated take make engine power to spin. Be sure to check your tire pressure and if necessary, pump them up!
- Keep up with routine auto maintenance - Check the service schedule inside your owner's manual to see when your car is due for service. By keeping up with factory maintenances you'll keep your engine running at peak performance.
- Change the spark plugs - If it has been a few years since this service has been done it would be wise to have new spark plugs installed. Corroded or dirty spark plugs will cause the engine to misfire, which is a huge waste of gas.
- Replace the air filter - A dirty air filter can prevent the vehicle from creating the correct air/fuel mixture and as a result will burn excessive fuel to make up for the lack of air.
Improve your driving habits to improve your fuel efficiency!
- Drive the speed limit - When on the highway it is important to follow speed limit signs. Most cars get their best fuel efficiency at around 60 miles per hour, a common MPH sign.
- Use cruise control - Using cruise control prevents your engine from revving up and down excessively. This can help save gas!
- Don't idle - If you stop to get out of the car, even for a minute, you should shut it off. While older cars do use extra gas to get started, new ones do not.
If you plan on taking a road trip and need to get caught up with auto maintenance in Denton visit the team at Strande's Garage. We take care of all makes and models at our full service auto repair shop! Give us a call at (940) 566-2156 to schedule superior auto repair in Denton today.
Strande's Garage Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
Does My Car have the Right Oil in it?
Overlooked Auto Maintenance Your Vehicle Needs to Stay Reliable
5 Signs it's Time for a Wheel Alignment
Should I call the auto shop if...
Do Automotive Fluid Leaks Matter?
10 Numbers About Cars that Will Blow Your Mind
How does a car start?
Common Signs of Big Trouble Under the Hood
How to Choose a Great Auto Repair Shop
Getting Your Car Ready for that Summer Road Trip
European Auto Repair - Where Luxury Meets Labor
Keys to Keeping Your Car Safe to Drive
Help! Why has My Car Broke Down!
5 Common Check Engine Light Problems
Why Fix a Small Oil Leak?
Common Auto Parts that Need Routine Replacement
Expert Foreign Auto Repair in Denton
Does My Car Need Transmission Service?
How to Find a Great Auto Repair Shop
3 Reasons Oil Changes are 100% Necessary
How to Tell if it is Time for Suspension Repair
Minor Auto Maintenance to Improve Performance
Automotive Safety: Signs of Brake Failure
Bad Driving Habits that can Wreak Havoc on Your Transmission
DIY Auto Maintenance: Fluid Checks
If this happens your car may need exhaust repair
Common Signs of Car Trouble
What is Leaking from My Car?
Auto Maintenance You Should Never Skip
4 Symptoms of Poor Wheel Alignment
Is it Time for an Engine Rebuild?
Does My Car Need Radiator Repair?
3 Diesel Engine Problems to be Weary Of
What is Scheduled Auto Maintenance and Why does my Car Need it?
Easy Ways to Improve Fuel Efficiency this Summer
What is a Tune Up?
If this Happens it is Time for Clutch Repair
What is a Fluid Flush?
6 signs your car will give you if it is time for brake repair
Top Reasons Your Car Won't Start
Common Dashboard Warning Lights
Do I Need Alternator Replacement?
How do I know if it is time for transmission service or repair?
Does My Car Need Engine Repair?
Common Signs of Engine Failure
How to Detect a Coolant Leak
Strange Noises that Indicate Car Trouble
5 Signs Your Car Requires Brake Repair
Should I Visit the Auto Repair Shop if...?
Top Signs it is Time for Engine Repair
Why Won't My AC Blow Cold Air?
What does it mean to be a NAPA AutoCare Center Auto Repair Shop?
5 Common No Start Problems
Does My Car Need Exhaust Repair?
Understanding commercial fleet vehicle maintenance
Is it time for an Engine Rebuild
Increase your MPGs this Summer with Simple Auto Maintenance
Why are Oil Changes so Important for My Car?
My Car Won't Start... What's Wrong?
3 Signs Your Car Needs Clutch Repair
Top 5 Reasons Your Check Engine Light is On
5 Great Qualities of a Denton Auto Repair Shop
6 Signs it's Time for Engine Repair
Does My Car Need Transmission Repair?
5 Must Know Signs of Failing Brakes
4 Signs Your Car Needs Suspension Repair
Top Signs of Cooling System Trouble